A Designed LifeWhat it Means
What does “Live A Designed Life” mean?
It means creating a life by intention rather than by default. It means letting go of negative thoughts and shifting old belief patterns that may be preventing you from reaching your highest potential. It means consciously choosing thoughts and actions that build self-confidence and empower you to achieve your greatest dreams and goals – as an individual and professional.
By living intentionally, you choose to be the CEO of your own life. You get to create exactly what you want in every area and build a life you love — one that includes choice, balance, fulfillment and joy. Living a designed life means writing your own success story!
Our Journey Together
Your success is my commitment. Together we will clarify your goals, values and dreams and build the blueprint for your life vision. I use a holistic, or whole person, approach to coaching which takes into account the integration of all areas of your life. Working with a variety of tools, you will have a solid framework and sets of action steps specifically designed to help you achieve the results you desire. Key to your success is the ongoing support, encouragement, insights and feedback I provide and that you simply can’t get on your own. I am your committed partner in this journey who will share your vision, celebrate your victories, and support you through setbacks, My goal is to help you get beyond the ordinary to become extraordinary!
What is Life Coaching?
Life coaching is the holistic process of helping you determine where you are on your life path, what areas may need greater focus, your personal goals and dreams, and action steps needed to achieve your greatest fulfillment. A life coach is your partner in success, providing the framework, support and tools for keeping you on track.
The International Coach Federation (ICF) defines coaching as “partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential,” which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor their clients as experts in his or her life and work. We believe that every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Based on this fundamental belief, the coach’s responsibility is to:
• Discover, clarify, and align with clients’ goals and objectives
• Encourage client self-discovery
• Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
• Hold the client responsible and accountable
• Provide consistent, constructive insights, feedback and guidance
Are all Life Coaches certified?
What is the difference between Life Coaching and Therapy?
The main difference is: Life Coaching starts from the basic premise that there is nothing to “fix.” The client who seeks coaching is creative, resourceful, and whole. Therapy, on the other hand, is diagnostic and treatment based, typically focused on identifying and treating a specific disorder. Another difference is that coaching works with present and future circumstances, emphasizing personal accountability and action steps. Therapy usually deals with the past and specific issues arising from traumatic experiences.
Both methodologies use active listening, being present in the moment, and active inquiry to gain important insights. However it is important to keep in mind that the emphasis in coaching is on deepening a client’s learning and forward focused action.
How long are the coaching sessions?
What can I expect to get from coaching?
Simply put, you get to work with a trained professional who is committed to your success. Coaching will enhance your ability to stay focused, become clear about your purpose, make effective changes, achieve desired goals, and help you maximize fulfillment in your life. The following is a more detailed summary of what you can expect to get from our coaching relationship:
- Clarity around your goals, values and dreams — for example developing leadership qualities, building wealth, deepening relationships, achieving greater fulfillment in life. A coach will help you design your life vision.
- A holistic – or whole person – approach to Life Coaching which takes into account every area of your life.
- Valuable tools that include a framework and action steps designed to help you achieve the results you desire.
- Ongoing support, encouragement, and valuable insights that you can’t get on your own.
- Regular communication and check-points to maintain continuity and keep you on track.
- A solid foundation of practices you can take forward into your personal and professional life.
- A committed partner who will share your journey, your victories and setbacks, and will help you get beyond the ordinary to become extraordinary!
What are typical reasons someone might choose to work with a coach?
An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity).
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resources.
- A desire to accelerate results.
- A lack of clarity around important choices to be made.
- Difficulty in achieving success in some area of life.
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences.
- A desire to define core strengths and how best to leverage them.
How do I know if coaching is for me?
The best way to answer this is to ask yourself: Am I living a life by design based on my unique values and dreams or am I trapped in making a living and living by default?
- Is there a gap between where you are now and where you want to be?
- Do you want to get clear about your goals and dreams and achieve them?
- Do you want to be confident, successful and happy?
- Do you want to create and a life by design, one that you absolutely love?
- Do you want to break free of negative inner beliefs and patterns that drive ineffective behaviors?
- Are you committed to being successful and doing whatever it takes to get there?
- Are you open to new insights, breakthroughs and transformations?
- Do you want to develop your leadership strengths and reach your highest potential?
- Do you want to be physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually strong?
- Do you want to create more ease, efficiency, and satisfaction in your busy life?
- Is something missing in your life and you’re not sure what it is?
- Do you feel stuck or have difficulty making choices, balancing expectations, prioritizing and moving forward with things that you know are important to you?
If you answered YES to any of the above, I invite you to click here and schedule a complimentary one-hour coaching conversation. Take this opportunity to explore whether coaching is right for you.